I shared this recipe on my Instagram story a few weeks back and I got so many people asking how to make it! This recipe is super easy, quick, gluten-free (unless you eat it with naan), vegan, and versatile. You can make it spicy (or not). Feel free to change it up by adding more veggies or beans. It’s easy to save and eat cold or reheat. It’s the perfect meal prep dish!
Chickpea & Bean Tomato "Curry"
- Chickpeas Canned
- Other Beans of Choice I added red kidney beans but another great choice would be mixed beans or white beans
- Canned Tomatoes
- Onions Chopped
- Garlic Minced/Pressed
- Parsley Fresh or Dried
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne Pepper Optional
- Sauté onions and garlic in a pan on the stove.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Cook until the water has almost evoporated completely and the sauce has thickened.
- Towards the end, add in spinach and cover the pan so that the spinach becomes slightly cooked/steamed.
- Serve with rice, quinoa, or naan. Or skip the extra carbs altogether and serve on a bed of argula.
If you make this recipe, please tag me on Facebook or Instagram so I can see your creations!
If you enjoyed reading this and would like more information on home, lifestyle, advice, tips, tricks, and more, follow me on Instagram @Its.Mary.Taylor and on Facebook at Mary Taylor! I can’t wait to see you there!
Mary Taylor <3